In recent years, having a commercial space with eye-catching interior design has become a necessity. Both in offices and retail stores, the proper design of the space plays an important role in the satisfaction of employees and customers. A warm and welcoming commercial interior design creates a positive vibe; While a crowded, chaotic and soulless environment will make people bored. Business design directly affects the long-term success of your business.
All the environmental and physical dimensions of commercial places should be implemented with correct thinking and carefully. This is where commercial interior design comes into play. Using different interior design techniques that are combined with minimal effort can create visually exciting spaces that follow specific themes.
Although many people may ignore the importance of a good and attractive business environment, commercial interior design improves the beauty of the work environment and encourages people to spend more time there. Undoubtedly, the interior design of the commercial space will increase the value of your business.
What is the interior design of commercial space?
Commercial interior design is related to the interior design of various commercial spaces such as shops and retail stores, offices, lobbies, restaurants, cafes and other places that have public use. Commercial space design ideas begin with the planning process. Interior designers study current design trends in the industry; They then work with architects to organize the elements that can determine the final look of the completed space.
The critical elements for a well-crafted commercial interior design include:
- Good and principled planning
- Creative thinking in space design
- Space management
- Providing subtly designs
- Accurate implementation of critical design components
An interior designer may use an existing commercial interior design to create a new space or implement a completely new and different design. For example, modern and contemporary interior design is popular for corporate lobbies, technology-focused offices, and government workplaces. In commercial interior design, you can also be inspired by old trends. For example, you can add more warmth and comfort to the interior of a cafe or restaurant by implementing traditional decoration using natural wood.
What is the purpose of commercial interior design?
As it is always said: “The purpose of a building is defined by its interior, not its exterior.” Similarly, the purpose of any commercial space is also determined by its interior design. It doesn’t matter if your business is in the best areas of Tehran, Isfahan, Shiraz, North of the country, Kish or any other big or small city; The best businesses in the world in the best locations may not succeed if they do not benefit from a good commercial interior design.
Interior design is known as the art of combining functional architecture with aesthetic elements to improve the look and feel of any structure. Commercial spaces are usually built to fulfill the goals of a business. These spaces can include restaurants, cafes, offices, confectionery, gold shops, boutiques or any other business; Therefore, in order to attract specific customers and show the purpose and purpose of the brand, a unique commercial interior design should be used. That being said, there are many reasons why a private business or a government entity would use commercial interior design.
- If a small retail shop is designed properly, it is more attractive to customers and encourages them to spend more time browsing the products in the store.
- In the case of offices or office space, the designer can use ideas for commercial interior design that showcases the corporate image.
- A restaurant can use the interior design of the commercial space in a way that reflects the area where the food is served.
What businesses use commercial interior design?
By now, you have probably realized the importance of the interior design of the commercial space and you are wondering whether this design is fruitful for your business or not! In a word, all people, groups and organizations that are in contact with the workforce and customers should benefit from purposeful and principled commercial interior design. Interior design has been able to transform many businesses and increase their credibility with customers and personnel.
Interior design companies generally have different ideas for each field and business to help make a brand known by creating differentiation. Most of the activities of these companies are related to the following areas:
- Restaurant interior design
- Internal design of the company
- Interior design of gold shop
- Interior design of the glasses store
- Interior design of the exhibition stand
- Canteen interior design
- Interior design of clothing store
- Interior design of the hotel
- Confectionery interior design
- Coffee shop interior design
- Cafe interior design
- Interior design of the beauty clinic
- Interior design of traditional coffee house
- Interior design of the office
- Interior design of Zaman clothing maison
- Coffee shop interior design
- Interior design of car showroom
- Interior design of a shop
- Interior design of grocery store
Undoubtedly, when a commercial building is still in the early stages of construction, it is better to implement all aspects of the commercial design for the plan, facade, material, etc.; But since the main goal is to improve the interior space, even old commercial units can be transformed in the best possible way with commercial interior design.
5 rules for successful commercial interior design
A great business design can be very effective in determining the success of any business. Stores, restaurants, showrooms, clinics, or any other customer-oriented business environment, will only achieve more profits if they attract and retain more customers and visitors. A worn-out and irregular space with low light and no space to move around makes shoppers feel uncomfortable and makes them reluctant to return and buy again.
Likewise, companies and offices should be designed in a way that keeps employees relaxed and lively. A work space with poor commercial interior design, low lighting, cluttered wallpaper and too many decorative accessories can reduce employee productivity.
Now the question is, how can you achieve an attractive business environment that reflects your business ideologies and at the same time can be used to become a thriving business? Various rules and ideas for successful commercial interior design and achieving the best results can be applied in a commercial space. In the following, we will review 5 important ideas and rules in the interior design of the commercial space. These ideas can be used in the interior design of a restaurant, cafe, traditional canteen, interior design of a beauty clinic and office, or in the interior design of a shop with any type of use.
Keeping structures flexible
When it comes to the structural elements of a commercial interior, it is necessary to ensure the possibility of changing the space. The best way to achieve this is to keep the core structures flexible. The space should be designed in such a way that it is possible to rebuild and make changes in the future. The arrangement and spaces should be in such a way that it is possible to easily change furniture, equipment, and various devices.
Interior designers should use different tricks to make commercial spaces as functional as possible. Business owners or employees of a complex should be able to change the commercial interior design according to their needs and achieve their ideal form.
Attention to the implementation of the required technologies
Technology plays a significant role in creating the interior of a commercial building in the modern era. Many stores and shops rely on a variety of technologies to communicate, increase efficiency, and sell. Therefore, commercial interior design has become very important from the point of view of implementing various technologies and their easy use. A smart, experienced and educated designer knows the importance of integrating aesthetic design with functional design and uses it in his projects.
During the interior design of the commercial space, the devices and facilities of telecommunication systems such as computer networks, telephones, monitors and media players should be considered. On the other hand, while considering the comfort and convenience of guests, employees and buyers, a systematic program for centralized or decentralized digital control of these facilities should be considered.
Continuous improvement of aesthetic and visual elements
Sometimes interior designers ignore the aesthetic aspects due to paying too much attention to the function of spaces in commercial interior design. In the long run, this issue has a negative effect on the overall visual beauty of the commercial space. A dull and soulless interior with ill-fitting layout and furniture, no matter how functional it is, will never create a pleasant atmosphere. As a result, the beauty of the space should be prominently addressed in the design of commercial interior decoration. This issue is very important and outstanding, from the interior design of a women’s clothing store to the interior design of an eyeglass shop or a restaurant.
Designers can keep the space updated according to the latest world trends by adding decorative items and modern furniture. These people can update their information on the new elements of commercial interior design by reading various magazines of architecture and interior decoration that are published every month.
- Covering the mannequin with the latest clothes available in the market and various accessories is an example of the importance of beauty in the interior design of the clothing store.
- In the interior design of companies and offices, you can creatively use all kinds of comfortable chairs and furniture for lunch and rest, and at the same time add to the beauty of the space.
Providing private spaces
When it comes to customer-oriented services such as restaurants, hotels and cafes, it is important to create a comfortable and private space that evokes the feeling of being at home. If you intend to design the commercial interior of these spaces, make sure to prioritize the tastes and preferences of your target customers.
In the interior design of restaurants, coffee shops and traditional canteens, various seating areas such as covered pavilions, garden chairs, poolside chairs, or private spaces on the terrace and roof garden can be provided to the customer. In this way, the customer can sit in a space where he has the most peace and satisfaction. In the interior design of the hotel, it is possible to respond to the needs and preferences of more customers by creating different rooms and suites in different places.
Always ensure safety
Another important rule in commercial and office interior design that should be considered is safety. Safety is the main feature in building construction and its interior or exterior design. Safety is not just a legal requirement; Rather, it is the moral obligation of the interior designer and the client, and it should basically be integrated into the interior design of the commercial space. You absolutely must make sure that none of the safety regulations are sacrificed for the aesthetic and functional elements of commercial interior design.
Following these five simple ideas will ensure that your commercial interior design is safe, healthy, functional and aesthetically pleasing. In today’s competitive businesses, reliability is one of the key factors that plays an important role in customer retention. The combination of these ideas and rules can provide a reliable, modern, unique and successful business environment.
Stages of commercial interior design
Regardless of whether you intend to design the interior of a hypermarket, the interior design of an exhibition stand, the interior design of a bakery or any other commercial space, there are a series of fixed steps that must be followed. A reputable designer or interior design company takes these steps seriously and implements them in their project.
- Pre-design is the first stage of the interior design of the commercial space. At this stage, the designer collects the information he needs from the stakeholders (business owner, managers, employees or even customers) to have a better understanding of how to organize the space.
At this stage, the designer agrees with the client on things such as the timing of various activities. Next, the designer should be justified as to what standards, requirements and priorities this brand has that are critical to address in commercial interior design.
- The next phase, known as the programming phase, focuses on the logical and feasible needs of the client and the end user within the scope of the project. At this stage, in addition to the goals and available budget, things like local laws and requirements, analysis of the conditions in the commercial space, and things like that are examined.
- In the next phase, the schematic design is discussed. At this stage, based on the requirements and full understanding of the conditions, things like initial plans, layouts, and the selection of materials are addressed. The necessary recommendations in this stage are given to the customer for the last time and all items are approved by the customer.
- All documents containing the specifications and details of the commercial interior design along with the approved final design will be included in the project contract documents. This step is to make the plan official and prevent further problems.
- Using specialized software, interior designers prepare the location of all design elements such as walls, lighting, plumbing and other devices and equipment in three dimensions. Here it is time for the contractor to start implementing the final design. Usually, the contractor is introduced to the client by the designer or interior design company.
- With the start of the contractor’s work, the designer is responsible for monitoring the detailed implementation of the plan. Monitoring the quality of the work and of course doing the work based on the specified budget is one of the duties of the interior designer.
- After the implementation and completion of the commercial interior design, the designer has the duty to check the entire space for the last time and make sure that everything is done according to the customer’s opinion and satisfaction. At this stage, all the functional elements of the interior design of the commercial space should be checked and their correct operation confirmed.
Note that commercial interior design, whether for a new space or for the purpose of renovating an old space, is very complex and comes with many challenges. With the knowledge and experience they have gained from doing various projects, interior designers are fully prepared to face these challenges. Commercial interior design is a highly specialized process; Therefore, if you care about the quality of your business and intend to be special and unique in your field of work, seek help from reputable interior design companies to carry out your projects.